Everyone brushes hair and teeth daily. Did you just hear about brushing the skin? Probably not. Let’s talk about its procedure and benefits for the skin.
As the name indicates, dry brushing means brushing the dry skin with a stiff/bristle brush in multiple smooth strokes. It is usually done on almost every part of the body, starting from feet or ankles and moving towards the heart.
There are many benefits of dry brushing for the skin. But before talking about benefits, lets first know about how to use this technique.
Selecting a Dry Brush according to your Skin type
Before using this method, we should know how to choose a dry brush for your skin type.
You can go for a stiffer one if your skin is not sensitive. Brushing on such skin may cause a slightly pinkish colour to the skin. But if your skin is sensitive, the use of a stiffer brush may cause redness or irritation. So go for a comparatively softer one.
How to use Dry Brushing effectively?
- Start from feet or ankle in an upward direction.
- Try long, smooth strokes on limbs.
- On the back, use a long handle brush and try to move it in a circular motion.
- Slowly by moving upward, brush on belly in a clockwise direction.
- Always brush towards the heart. It may be slightly sensitive over the chest area, so reduce the pressure over there.
- A long handle brush may be helpful for brushing your back easily.
- Use multiple strokes over a single point but make sure not above a certain limit as it may irritate the skin.
- You can dry brush your skin daily in the morning just before a shower.
- Apply lotion after the shower to moisturize the skin.
Benefits of Dry Brushing for the Skin
There are a lot of health benefits of dry brushing, mainly for the skin.
Some of them are given below:
Dry brushing is best for exfoliation of dry skin, especially in winter. It also helps in unclogging the pores and removing the dirt and impurities from the skin.
2. Smooth and Soft Skin
When you brush your skin daily, it will give remove the dead skin and unclog the pores, and you get a smoother and softer skin.
Brushing the skin multiple times at particular spot results in increased blood circulation and lymph flow! It will help detoxify your body by eliminating the toxins.
4. Boost up the Energy level
Repeated brush strokes on the skin stimulate the nervous system; that’s why you feel energized just after brushing.
5. Protect the skin in Pregnancy
During Pregnancy, it prevents stretch marks. It also helps to tighten the skin just after Pregnancy.
Everyone wants to live a healthy life. It’s only possible if you take good care of your body, especially your skin, as it is the major part of the body.
Dry brushing helps to keep your skin smooth, soft, and dirt free. It also protects the skin in drastic dry conditions. Despite its many benefits, you must keep in mind that it can be a solution to a number of your skin problems, but not a cure.