Dry skin is probably the most popular condition that not only women suffer from, but men as well. This happens when you cannot retain sufficient moisture in the superficial, outer layer of your skin
Many factors are contributing to dry skin, including frequent bathing, using harsh soaps, aging but also certain medical conditions. Let’s not forget the weather, especially in the winter when your skin dries quicker and you may suffer from red, rough, raw, and itchy skin.
Here are a few ways, that are part of our modern life but can cause more damage to your skin.
Practice these tips consistently and see your skin improve.
- Wash Less: Limit yourself to one 5- to 10-minute bath or shower daily. If you bathe more than that, you may strip away much of the skin’s oily layer and cause it to lose moisture. Use lukewarm rather than hot water, which can wash away natural oils.
- Moisturize Right Away: Apply moisturizer immediately after bathing or washing your hands. This helps plug the spaces between your skin cells and seal in moisture while your skin is still damp.
- Throw Away The Scrubs: To avoid damaging the skin, stay away from bath sponges, scrub brushes, and washcloths. If you don’t want to give them up altogether, be sure to use a light touch. For the same reason, pat or blot (don’t rub) the skin when towelling dry.
- Stop Scratching: Never, ever scratch. Most of the time, a moisturizer can control the itch. You can also use a cold pack or compress to relieve itchy spots.
- Avoid The Harsh Stuff: Steer clear of deodorant soaps, perfumed soaps, and alcohol products, which can strip away natural oils.
These are 5 tips that you can implement today to give your skin a break from modern life routines that might not be always beneficial.
If you suffer from really dry skin or maybe you just feel the need to rejuvenate and get that radiant glowing look back maybe one of our treatments can help.
A Hydrafacial can help with dry skin by having hyaluronic acid, peptides and antioxidants penetrate the skin during the treatment which leaves your skin feeling smooth and hydrated.
A ZO Skin Peel is an Intensively hydrating and restorative facial treatment
This Peel is suitable for all skin types but those with dry or dehydrated skin will benefit the most from this intensely hydrating and luxurious facial.
The ultra hydration treatment restores the skin’s vitality and eliminates the signs of dehydration including superficial flakiness.
The ultra-hydrating treatment consists of a triple-action resurfacing process improves brightness and clarity and promotes optimum absorption of hydrators.
To complement this facial, a dermal roller treatment can be offered which will ensure your skin cells are regenerated to another level.
Why not book a Virtual Skin Consultation with our Lead Aesthetic Practitioner to discuss your options and the correct treatment for you.
Click here to Schedule A Virtual Skin Consultation and start your Journey to Amazing Skin.